It is the aim of Car Contracts Britain Limited T/A Whitewater Contract Hire & Leasing to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. To help us to investigate and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, you can contact us by telephone or in writing and your complaint will be resolved by the appropriate person in the shortest possible time.
Our contact details are;
Unit 8, The Oak Trees Business Park, Orbital Park, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0SY
Telephone 01233 502104
Any complaint verbal or written will be referred to our Complaints Manager at the earliest opportunity or to a member of the senior management if the Complaints Manager is unavailable. We will also
* Make an initial response to your complaint promptly; we expect to do this within five working days of receipt.
* Make contact to seek clarification on any points where necessary
* Fully investigate the complaint
* Keep you informed of progress
* Make our formal response to you in a timely manner or if this is not possible then we will write to you advising of the steps we have taken so far and a target date for our formal response which must be within eight weeks.
Clients often express dissatisfaction to their adviser about the product provider. We will need to establish whether or not your complaint relates to the advice given, the adviser service or the service or performance of the product provider. If unclear, this must not delay investigation and we will proceed with our own investigation. The Complaints Manager will review this matter and take the complaint to the provider if appropriate in consultation with you.
The complaintsmanager will establish the nature and scope of your complaint having dueregards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:Investigation
The complaints manager will establish the nature and scope of your complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
* Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
* Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It is the firm’s policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply tocomplaints:
* Made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant; Eligible Complainants are essentially individuals and small businesses.
* Relating to regulated activity;
* Involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience;
This will set out clearly the firm’s decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown.
We must include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service in the final response. If dealing with an eligible complainant and a regulated activity, we will
* Explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost
* Indicate whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits
Complaints that can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 business days can be recorded and communicated differently.
Where we consider a complaint to be resolved to your satisfaction under this section, we will promptly send you a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’, being a written communication from us which:
(1) Refers to the fact that you have made a complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved to your satisfaction;
(2) We will tell you that if you subsequently decide that you are dissatisfied with the resolution of the complaint you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or alternatively refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service (depending on the type of complaint);
(3) Indicates whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits, (where we have discretion in such matters)
(4) Provide the relevant addresses of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service; and
(5) Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service and the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
In addition to sending you a Summary Resolution Communication, we may also use other methods to communicate the information where:
(1) We consider that doing so may better meet your needs; or
(2) We have already been using another method to communicate about the complaint.
We will consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you. This does not prevent you from exercising any rights you may have to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
If you have a regulated contract with us and are not satisfied with our final response, you may be eligible to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
If you choose to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman you must do this within six months of our final response. When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet.
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman. The firm undertakes to pay promptly any fees levied by the Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free for most people ringing from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling from a mobile) or 020 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad)
As Car Contracts Britain Limited T/A Whitewater Contract Hire & Leasing are a member of the British Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA) either we or you may be able to refer any unresolved disputed to them.
The BVRLA is approved by Government as a Consumer ADR body under the Alternative Dispute Resolution For Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015.
The BVRLA Conciliation Service will investigate potential breaches of the BVRLA Code of Conduct and will aim to resolve matters using information presented by both parties to the dispute. Any information requested from Car Contracts Britain Limited T/A Whitewater Contract Hire & Leasing will be sent to the BVRLA within five working days. Based on the information available, the BVRLA will provide both parties with its findings and recommendations.
The BVRLA aims to resolve complaints through their Conciliation Service within 30 days and members must comply with the Conciliation Service’s findings.
You can send any complaint to the BVRLA in writing via:
Details should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
If you do not have access to email, details can be sent by post to:
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association
If you have any questions in relation to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact us in writing at the address on the contact page of our website.
* All vehicle images and car descriptions on this site are for illustration and reference purposes only and are not necessarily an accurate representation of the vehicle on offer.
T: 01233 502104
F: 01233 503777
Car Contracts Britain Limited T/A Whitewater Contract Hire & Leasing
The Oak Trees Business Park
Whitewater Contract Hire is a trading name of Car Contracts Britain Limited, who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are a credit broker and not a lender. Registered No: 654951
Registered in England & Wales with company number : 05248662 | Data Protection No : Z8873084 | VAT No : 851 2965 51
Registered Office : Car Contracts Britain Ltd, Unit 8 The Oak Trees Business Park, Orbital Park, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0SY
Copyright © 2018 Car Contracts Britain Limited T/A Whitewater Contract Hire & Leasing, All rights reserved.